• Pat Stockett Johnston became an elementary school teacher upon graduation from Point Loma (Pasadena) Nazarene University. She also enjoyed the role of pastor’s wife for four years. After hearing God’s call to serve overseas however, she and her husband worked in the Middle East (Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Egypt, Cyprus, and Israel) and Papua New Guinea for thirty-four years. They now reside in Southern California.
• Johnston has name recognition in Church of the Nazarene congregations, as she is well-known in the denomination as an ordained minister, speaker, and writer. She served as the Los Angeles District NMI President from 2008-2010.
• Seven of her books have been required reading in the church’s missions education program. More than 60,000 of her books have been sold as adult/children’s NMI reading books. They are:
1. Changed Hearts, Changed Lived: God’s Love at Work through Asia- Pacific Nazarenes;1994-1995
2. City of Fear (Children’s Book); 1999-2000
3. Is That You, God? Responses to the Mission Call; 2000-2001
4. Journey to Jerusalem: Making a Difference in the Middle East; 2002-2003
5. Should I Kiss or Shake Hands? Surviving in Another Culture; 2006-2007
6. Extreme Argentina; 2010-2011
7. African Dreams: Church Growth in the Horn of Africa; 2011-2012
8. Extreme Peru: The 40/40 Story; for 2013-2014
• Johnston’s story “Legion of Angels” was included in an NMI reading book of missionary stories of answered prayers compiled and edited by Helen Temple; 1979-1980
• Her articles have been published in World Mission, Holiness Today, Light & Life Magazine, Purpose, Gems of Truth, The Vision and War Cry and in the E-zines Spirit-Led Writer and The Dabbling Mum.
• Johnston also has articles in these compilation books: All My Good Habits I Learned from Grandma by Thomas Nelson in 2007; God Encounters by Howard Books in 2009; Chicken Soup for the Soul: Teens Talk Middle School (2008) and Christmas Magic (2010) by Chicken Soup for the Soul Publishing.
• Her devotionals have been published by The Upper Room, Companion Devotions (Standard), Reflecting God (Nazarene) Light from the Word (Wesleyan), and online at MustardSeedMinistries.com.
• Johnston also has devotionals in these compilation books: One Year Life Verse Devotional, by Tyndale House Publishers in 2007; Quiet Reflections of Peace: 120 Devotions to End Your Day by Revell in 2009; Take My Heart, Oh God by Zondervan in 2010; Love is a Verb Devotional by Bethany House Publishers in 2011.
• Wesleyan / Holiness Women Clergy, International
• Recommended Speaker, Women in Ministry Web Site: Church of the Nazarene
• Orange County Christian Writers Fellowship
• San Gabriel Valley Writers Critique Group
• San Diego Christian Writers Guild
• The Writers View 2 (TWV2)
Pat Stockett Johnston and her husband Gordon regularly speak for missions emphasis and Faith Promise services.
Johnston was a part of the faculty for the Orange County Christian Writers Fellowship Conference in 2008, at Mariner’s Church in Irvine, CA. She taught a workshop titled “Writing for the Daily Devotional market.”
Johnston was the recipient of a Cecil Murphey Scholarship to the Mount Hermon Christian Writers Conference in March, 2008. She has attended this conference six times. She also attends the conferences of the Orange County Christian Writer Fellowship and the San Diego Christian Writers Guild.