Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My Very First Ride on the Metro Gold Line to Union Station

Yesterday I experienced my first ride on the Metro Gold Line to Los Angeles Union Station from the Sierra Madre Villa station in Pasadena, CA. Even though I've traveled the world, I still find myself anxious when using new modes of transportation. I had expressed my fears to my friends Mimi and Kandy, and they offered to accompany me on my first Metro Gold Line journey. Getting into the Sierra Madre Villa Parking Structure Our first test was getting into the station parking structure. It never occurred to us that coming south from Foothill Boulevard on Sierra Madre Villa would be a problem. Wrong. A center divider kept us from turning left into the station, initiating the need to make a u-turn on Colorado Boulevard. Read more

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Joanne Bischof said...

Enjoyed your post, Pat. I've been to Olvera Street with my husband and his family. His grandfather, Leo Politi painted a mural there, I believe it's called "The Blessing of the Animals." And I best remember the fabulous tacos! It sounds like you had a lovely day :)