Wednesday, July 4, 2012

My Own YouTube Channel

Have to admit it. I haven't been much of a YouTube user. I remember the Christmas when my four  teen-age grandchildren spent their evening in the computer room watching YouTube videos and laughing hysterically. If you had told me that evening that one day I would have my own YouTube channel in my Pat Stockett Johnston author name, I would have been the one laughing hysterically--in disbelief.

I would have reacted the same way if someone had told me that, in 2012, I book I wrote would be listed on amazon.com; the "Click to Look Inside" feature would be available  for the book; and all the books I have written in the past, plus compilations books in which I have articles would be listed on the amazon.com author page, I would have called you crazy.

It took me three years to write Mums the Word: Secrets to Growing Chrysanthemums for Home or Show. And I didn't even realize I was writing a book when I began to write articles describing monthly tasks for growing large, beautiful mum blooms successfully. My purpose was to help new Descanso Chrysanthemum Society members understand the process.

Thanks to Debby Alten, the video editor for G8Press, I have four videos to support mum growers on YouTube: How to Take Cuttings from last year's plants; How to Make the First Pinch; The 13 Classes of Mums, and the trailer for Mums the Word. Future videos will demonstrate how to make the second pinch, stake each stem, support mum buds, and prepare blooms to travel to exhibition shows.

I'm not exactly laughing hysterically. But I am grinning from ear-to-ear. Can you blame me?

Bookmark and Share

No comments: