Saturday, September 8, 2012

Marketing My Mums the Word Book


When my book Mums the Word was released by new publisher G8Press this past May I knew I was responsible for its marketing plan. Being as it is a niche book for gardeners interested in growing show mums for home or show, I decided to write a letter to the editor of Chrysanthemum: The Journal of the National Chrysanthemum Society. A subscription to the quarterly magazine is included with yearly membership fees.

I wrote editor Lucy Hackett and asked if she would be interested in running an article about the book. She said yes, requested pictures, and gave me a due date for the article. It appears in the September 2012 issue of magazine. You can read column one below. Do you thin this was a good marketing strategy? I say, time will tell!




Bookmark and Share

No comments: