Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My Unexpected Article Response from a Facebook Friend


I’ll be honest. I signed up for Facebook because a faculty member at a writers conference insisted it was an important communication tool for every author. However, I kind of hee-hawed the idea of reaching the global world through my Facebook page. Until today.

A couple of days ago a Nazarene Facebook friend in India asked me if I had written any material that might be relevant in India. I mentioned I had written about some religious articles and devotionals that were published in the Yahoo! Voices online magazine. 
Then attached links to several of them, including this one:  http://voices.yahoo.com/my-unplanned-unexpected-personal-christian-7486838.html?cat=34

As soon as I signed in this morning I received a Facebook “Chat” message from him. “Your article about your personal Christian religious conversion is powerful,” he wrote. “I’ve sent the link to several of my friends. One of them, who is not of our faith, was moved by it. Can I print or distribute your article in India?”

I own the rights to my Yahoo! Voices articles, and I gladly gave him permission to reprint them. Then I said, “I find it amazing that an article written by a retired American missionary could be relevant in India.”

You are a good writer because you speak and articulate the heart's language,” he replied. "I've just sent the link to a friend in Brazil."

Talk about encouragement! And it came all the way from India on Facebook.

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great. I like that it can be used anyplace for God's glory.

Debby Alten said...

And with time more blessings will come. I'm pinning your devotions on Pinterest and hopefully that will give them even more exposure. Blessings to you.

Joanne Bischof said...

What a blessing! Thank you for sharing, Pat :)

heidihiheidiho said...

Awesome, Pat! God is using technology for HIS good :o)